- 1 kg lean beef mince
- 1 packet of brown onion soup powder
- 15 ml salted butter, melted
- 90 ml plain low-fat yoghurt
- 20 ml prepared hot English or Dijon mustard
- 65 ml parsley, finely chopped
- freshly-milled black pepper, to taste
Place the mince in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix lightly but well.
Shape the mixture into any size or shape patties that you fancy and pan fry or grill to your liking in the oven.
Serves 4 – 6.
- 1,8 kg whole piece of rump steak, fat scored
- olive oil
- prepared hot English mustard
- 90 ml coarse black pepper
Rub the meat generously with olive oil, then with the mustard. Scatter the pepper onto a board and press the meat into the pepper to coat. Transfer to a roasting dish and roast in a preheated oven at 230C for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 190C and roast the meat for another 15 – 30 minutes or until done to your liking. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 – 10 minutes.
Serve at room temperature with any sauce of your liking and a crisp summer salad and buttery baby potatoe.